Decoding Dyslexia Saskatchewan
Advocate. Educate. Legislate.
Who we are
Decoding Dyslexia Saskatchewan is a grassroots organization driven by Saskatchewan families concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia within our schools. We aim to raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children and inform policy-makers on best practices to identify, remediate and support students with dyslexia in Saskatchewan schools.
We are advocating for the Ministry and divisions to legislate and implement:
• A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the provincial education code
• Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate, evidence-based intervention strategies
• Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
• Mandatory evidence-based dyslexia remediation programs implemented with fidelity, which can be
accessed by both general and special education populations
• Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
What is dyslexia? - Kelli Sandman-Hurley
"Know me for my abilities, not my disability."